Friday, April 10, 2009

robert SNOW photography :|: Behind the scenes on the PBA 2009-2010 ad shoot


Top 9 bowlers from the PBA
5 sets
30 minutes per player...not 31.


To be honest I didn't know much about professional bowling before I did the preproduction for this shoot. Since then I've learned a lot and had the honor of photographing
the sports best players. Bowling is the most participated ball sport in America. To me bowling brings back memories from summer break in high school. My friend John and I went everyday and bowled a couple of games.   I think I broke 200 once. After
watching the men & women from the PBA bowl I have a new understanding for the sport. There always chasing perfection. The perfect game sometimes is one frame away and the mental pressures they deal with are staggering.
Keep checking back in for the images to be posted on my site in the future at
www.robertsnowphoto.com


Thank you to the players: Carolyn Dorin Ballard, Stefanie Nation, Wes Malott, Norm Duke , Chris Barnes, Mike Scroggins, Patrick Allen, Walter Ray Williams Jr. &  Bill O’Neill.
I would like to give a special thanks to the night cleaning lady at the Kegal training center for staying late and giving my crew and myself that extra time we needed to prelight. You’re my hero.
I would also like to thank the PBA for awarding me the job. Tune in on ESPN Sundays midday to watch the PBA tournaments.







Here is a little behind the scenes clip I slopped together from the PBA ad shoot.  Thanks to my crew for working hard & shooting these clips with the Canon G9. 


No comments: